Almond Cranberry Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and orange zest. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 1, 2014
If you are lucky enough to be close to a Trader Joe's, I don't like fresh cranberries so I used half-cup of TJ's dried orange cranberries (because I didn't have orange peel) and half-cup regular dried cranberries and used the TJ Panko crumbs. The cranberry sauce was really good. I served it with the Near East Sesame/Ginger rice. A keeper recipe.
Aug 14, 2013
My family loves this recipe. I make it a lot during the fall when you can get fresh cranberries.
Jan 3, 2013
We loved this recipe! Will totaly be making it again! I would give it five stars, but there are no stars on my rate it thing.
Jan 4, 2012
This was really good. I served it with rice pilaf and green beans.
Dec 14, 2010
OH SO GOOD! Great in the fall. Dish packs a lot of flavor!~ Theresa
Nov 24, 2010
This was very easy to make and was delicious.
Aug 30, 2010
Excellent! Even my kids eat it!!!