Apricot Cranberry Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and brown half of the chicken on both sides. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add onion to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, cranberries, preserves and vinegar; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Return chicken to pan; cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken halfway.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken with 1/4 cup sauce: 376 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Nov 24, 2018
I did have apricot preserves but do have homemade peach preserves. Am going to try swapping that out, should be a similar flavor. Recipe sounds delicious ??
Oct 4, 2017
I don't have a review, but question. What do you serve with something that sounds so sweet?
Apr 28, 2017
My husband loves this recipe and has asked that we have it more often. I also only use 2 chicken breasts to make it a meal for 2.
Oct 7, 2015
Both DH and I gave this dish an emphatic thumbs-up! I cut it in half for the two of us and used sweet orange marmalade because I was out of apricot preserves. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 2, 2015
I always try and make a recipe just as it is the first round because a tiny change can make big differences. My family loved this recipe and it was very easy. I added a bit more salt and pepper to the final dish because it was very sweet. It was probably because of my brand of apricot preserves. It was still delicious though and reminded me of the fall weather approaching.