Maple Cranberry Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and 3/4 cup cranberry sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with syrup mixture.
- Warm the remaining cranberry sauce; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 2, 2014
Delicious and super easy. I am one of those people who grill outside year-round and this was great. I served the chicken with au gratin potatoes and green beans.
Apr 7, 2014
Simple & delicious. I poured the glaze on top of the chicken & baked them in the oven, covered at 375.
Dec 18, 2010
This is excellent and easy! I agree that you have to watch for burning under the broiler, so the second time I made it I decreased the time under the broiler and finished it in the oven. Beautiful presentation for my dinner party along with other TOH recipes.
Jul 21, 2009
Really yummy and fruity with the cranberry sauce! Even my 1 & 2-year-olds ate the chicken with cranberry sauce! What a hit! Just have to watch the runoff marinade under the broiler for burning/smoking! oops! I served it with some pasta and green beans, which was quite tasty!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.