Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Toss chicken with seasonings. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute chicken 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in mustard and syrup; cook and stir until sauce is caramelized and chicken is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 221 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2019
Made it as written and really enjoyed it! The mustard and syrup together make a great sauce!
Nov 11, 2018
Made this last evening. It seemed that the chicken was on the dry side and not that good of a flavor.
Sep 26, 2017
Waaaay too much Dijon mustard! I only used half of what it called for and it was still too much. I had to add 3/4 c chicken stock to cut it to salvage it. Won't make again.
Jun 28, 2017
I had some leftover bacon so I added that and a little chipotle for heat! Delicious ?? a definite keeper.