Maple-Thyme Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Brush frequently with mustard mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh: 188 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2017
Wonderful floor combination! It got rave reviews from all. I will be making this again and again! Roasted legs/thighs in oven, it was fantastic.
Mar 21, 2017
I was skeptical about the flavor combination but it was VERY good! I really liked the glaze - I made extra. We didn't grill but cooked the chicken in the skillet. Will definitely be added to our dinner rotation!
Dec 18, 2016
These flavors do not go especially well together, nor do they serve as a decent chicken glaze. This was an especially 'weird'-tasting chicken as far as my taste buds are concerned. submitted by 'artless'
Nov 3, 2015
A great addition to the regular rotation of chicken recipes! I used fresh thyme & broiled the chicken (since it isn't grilling weather at the moment). I doubled the glaze for 12 thighs, and it was more than enough.
Oct 20, 2015
How exciting to be the first to review this recipe! Just as the description states, I too was looking for a new way to prepare chicken. This flavor combination can't be beat! I used dried thyme, and for me this made enough to glaze 8 small chicken thighs. I thinly sliced the leftovers for a sandwich, which my husband said was delicious. This will definitely make the regular rotation!