Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 2 tablespoons sauce: 331 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2019
Excellent! I used chicken tenders and cooked them up and let sit in the pan for 1/2 hour while I did something else. What it did was to create a lot more juice, which was great! I don't like dijon so didn't have any in the house so I used whole grain mustard. I added twice the blueberries. Yummy.
Jun 9, 2015
Holy smokes! This was awesome! It is one of the best recipes I have tried in a long time. The fact that it was simple and quick was an added bonus. I couldn't find plain raspberry vinegar at the store so I used the raspberry balsamic that I had on hand. I would do it exactly the same next time around, which I hope is soon.
Sep 9, 2014
I absolutely loved this recipe, as did my husband!!! I love blueberries any time but to have them at dinner was superb! So easy and delicious!!!
Jul 12, 2014
We loved this recipe! I substituted blueberry balsamic vinegar for the raspberry vinegar and grilled the chicken instead of pan-frying. I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 30, 2013
This recipe is really good, it is different, but good. I had company over when I made it and they said it was like something from a fancy place out to eat. The vinegar was a bit strong though and will be toning it down a bit the next time I make this dish.
Jul 24, 2013
We loved it! My husband was skeptical about blueberries with chicken and ended up loving every bite. I made with cheese tortellinis and corn on the cob. We felt like we ate at a five star restaurant.
Jun 11, 2013
This my go to recipe for summer ~ frozen blueberrys work wonderful and I find in a pinch this is perfect, try it you will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!
May 3, 2013
This was excellent, and easy!
Sep 10, 2012
Outstanding recipe ~ our family loved this, thank you for sharing!
Jul 27, 2012
This was excellent and easy to make! Thanks!