Maple Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup maple pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; reserving 3/4 cup.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or a thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Jul 28, 2015
We make this all the time. Great alternative to plain BBQ chicken, and quick since there is no marinating!
Sep 2, 2011
Great flavor, very simple and quick and I'm looking forward to trying the variations that the other reviewers mentioned.
Jul 1, 2011
Make this often. Family loves it!
Apr 13, 2008
add some brown sugar to this recipe to make it sweet and sticky, great for ribs to. I used gool ole pancake syrup
Apr 11, 2008
ingredient of maple pancake syrup, is this real maple syrup or imitation variety.Teresa
Apr 11, 2008
A dash of liquid smoke really kicks it up to a higher degree of BBQ flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.