Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine
- Place the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 3, 2017
very moist, and flavorful I have made it several times
May 27, 2014
Amazing!!! And very easy to make. Chicken was extremely moist.
Jul 16, 2013
Good taste, very moist. I am not a mustard person and would use less mustard, but the chicken was great.
Apr 1, 2012
My husband & I both liked this. It was very easy (and quick) to make. I will make this again.
Jan 26, 2012
The chicken was very good the evening I fixed it. However, the leftovers were not nearly as good.
May 5, 2011
Very flavorful and easy to make!
Apr 2, 2011
My husband I both enjoyed this chicken dish. It is quick to make. The only change I made was that I pounded the chicken to about 1/4 inch thick to cook faster.
Mar 14, 2011
OMG! this was sooo good. I'm making it with chicken tenders next time...mmm
Feb 4, 2011
simple and tasty...I want to make it again but with honey mustard.....
Jan 23, 2011
my son even ate it and he's very picky.