Quick Apricot Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a shallow microwave-safe dish, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice and if desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 30, 2020
I cooked this on the stovetop and it was delicious.
Jun 13, 2020
This recipe was a big hit with my family!
Apr 1, 2020
Easy and good. I love the ease. I've also done in the regular oven in a larger quantity and it was great! Trick is getiting the chicken done without overcooking.
Sep 20, 2017
It's fast, and quite good. Not the best, but for the short time involved, it's worth making, tasty. I needed to get dinner ready in 15 minutes last night. I was able to make the rice and the main course in that time. I added onions and peppers. I also added more cashews and regular soy sauce. I rinsed the nuts because I thought they might be too salty, but I won't rinse them in the future. It wasn't too salty.
Sep 11, 2017
I was somewhat disappointed in this recipe because there were so many positive reviews. I found it to be overly sweet but definitely edible. I am keeping the leftovers to see if I can tweek them a little tomorrow.
Mar 26, 2016
Quick dinner - tasty sauce.
Dec 16, 2013
Great quick recipee
May 21, 2013
Excellent and super easy
Mar 27, 2013
Mar 13, 2012
Easy, great flavor, and a hit with the hubby and kids. Definitely a keeper!