Quick Apricot Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 20, 2017
It's fast, and quite good. Not the best, but for the short time involved, it's worth making, tasty. I needed to get dinner ready in 15 minutes last night. I was able to make the rice and the main course in that time. I added onions and peppers. I also added more cashews and regular soy sauce. I rinsed the nuts because I thought they might be too salty, but I won't rinse them in the future. It wasn't too salty.
Sep 11, 2017
I was somewhat disappointed in this recipe because there were so many positive reviews. I found it to be overly sweet but definitely edible. I am keeping the leftovers to see if I can tweek them a little tomorrow.
Mar 26, 2016
Quick dinner - tasty sauce.
Dec 16, 2013
Great quick recipee
May 21, 2013
Excellent and super easy
Mar 27, 2013
Mar 13, 2012
Easy, great flavor, and a hit with the hubby and kids. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 10, 2012
I didn't have apricot jam and tried a different flavor. It was good but I imagine it would taste great if I stuck with the original recipe.
Apr 14, 2011
My husband and I really enjoy this recipe!I have even made it for company and recieved many requests to make it again. Its very easy- don't leave out the cashews, they make a great addition to the recipe!
Feb 24, 2011
i followed recipe with ingredients - but cooked on stovetop instead of microwave. i thought it was just average - nothing special.