Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add 1 pork chop at a time and toss to coat. Dip in eggs, then coat with almond mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil and butter until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and mustard. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with about 3 tablspoons sauce: 642 calories, 40g fat (11g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 20, 2019
These chops were great. I made a half-recipe for the two of us, adding the panko to the almonds as mltdebbie suggested. I wasn’t sure about the timing of baking the chops because I brined them first, so I cooked them on the stove. I fried them until they were nicely browned, then flipped them, turned down the heat, and cooked them covered for about 5 minutes. The sauce was the perfect accompaniment to both the chops and their side dish, green beans with toasted sliced almonds. DH raved about the meal.
Aug 3, 2019
We absolutely love these pork chops! Surely will be making these again and again.
Sep 29, 2015
Could this be baked instead of fried in oil and butter? Can't wait to try. Sounds delicious!
Jan 13, 2015
What a easy dish to make , and the flavors are wonderful . A must make dish . and the sauce would go great with other dishes also , thanks for share this great recipe
Mar 14, 2014
I didn't have dry bread crumbs so I put panko in the food processor with the almonds. Other than that I followed the recipe. GREAT! My hubby had only taken one bite when he exclaimed "Wow! We're having these again!"
Mar 2, 2014
Oh man, that crust, it is beyond good and the sauce is a perfect compliment. I can't say enough good things about this recipe! I can tell this is gonna be a regular in our house.
Nov 1, 2012
I have made this recipe 2x's already. Love it!! Hubby & Kids love them too! You Cannot go wrong with this recipe!
Apr 24, 2012
This was SO great and SO easy! I made it a few weeks ago for my family and making it again this week. My boyfriend keeps asking for it! =)
Mar 22, 2012
Does the glaze need to be heated? Im trying it tonight and will rate later =)
Feb 25, 2012
Fantastic dish! Just like another poster, I will be using this honey mustard for other dishes as well. :)