Honey Pork and Peppers
Meet the Cook: I'm always trying new recipes on my husband and son, 16. This easy, quick and delicious one is a keeper - a nice change from pork roast or pork chops. -Carol Heim, Nokesville, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope (.87 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder; add to the pork. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and peppers; cook 5-10 minutes longer. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 288 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 9, 2014
The pork was so tender and the sauce with the peppers and onion was very tasty over rice!
Oct 1, 2013
Quick, easy and tasty. Kids loved it. Next time I will add some pineapple. I served with jasmine rice. Keeper!