Salsa Tossed Salad
Salsa and ranch dressing give Mexican flair to a mixture of green and vegetables.—Sherry Lee, Shelby, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss greens, tomato, yellow pepper and onion. Combine salsa and salad dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chips if desired and cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 84 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 meat.
Originally published as Salsa Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.