Strawberry-Turkey Spinach Salad
This light, refreshing salad is a show-stopper, visually and nutritionally, with fresh strawberries and yellow pepper strips tossed with fresh baby spinach. Serve with warm whole wheat rolls or flax or bran muffins. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place first five ingredients in a large bowl. Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 260 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 fat.
Originally published as Turkey-Strawberry Salad in Country Woman November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.