Spinach & Bacon Salad with Peaches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large hard-boiled large eggs, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine spinach, peaches, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and almonds. Serve with dressing and cheese.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 3 tablespoons dressing: 391 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 19, 2017
We made this to take to a holiday family dinner. Since peaches were out of season, I used frozen. Turned out very good. Dressing was light and flavorful, a good simple compliment to the spinach and peaches.
Aug 9, 2015
I thought this was a fresh-tasting change in spinach salads. I made it for a church picnic and got a lot of compliments. I agree with pdarwin that the ingredients complimented each other. I definitely recommend this salad.
Jun 13, 2015
Okay but nothing special. The peaches add nothing.
Jun 5, 2015
What a pretty and healthy tasty salad!! The dressing was light and delicious tasting. I did add a tad more of vinegar since I like a little tang to my dressing. I was a little skeptical of the peaches with the onions and bacon, but it was delicious. They all complimented each other. I did not have a red onion so I substituted a couple of diced green onions. To my chagrin I also realized I did not have any almonds so I made some candied pecans to go in it instead. I would definitely recommend for you to try this salad.Volunteer Field Editor since 2013