Spinach & Bacon Salad with Peaches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large hard-boiled large eggs, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine spinach, peaches, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and almonds. Serve with dressing and cheese.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 3 tablespoons dressing: 391 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2017
We made this to take to a holiday family dinner. Since peaches were out of season, I used frozen. Turned out very good. Dressing was light and flavorful, a good simple compliment to the spinach and peaches.
Aug 9, 2015
I thought this was a fresh-tasting change in spinach salads. I made it for a church picnic and got a lot of compliments. I agree with pdarwin that the ingredients complimented each other. I definitely recommend this salad.
Jun 13, 2015
Okay but nothing special. The peaches add nothing.
Jun 5, 2015
What a pretty and healthy tasty salad!! The dressing was light and delicious tasting. I did add a tad more of vinegar since I like a little tang to my dressing. I was a little skeptical of the peaches with the onions and bacon, but it was delicious. They all complimented each other. I did not have a red onion so I substituted a couple of diced green onions. To my chagrin I also realized I did not have any almonds so I made some candied pecans to go in it instead. I would definitely recommend for you to try this salad.Volunteer Field Editor since 2013