Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional pepper, optional
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
- Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle with additional pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2015
THis is one of the BEST salads I have ever eaten. I use baked and diced golden beets and it is just addictive!! I use white balsemic vinegar, double the vinegarette recipe. I pack the salad in glass mason jars with a side container of vinegarette for lunches and stays good for 4 days in frig. Absolute WINNER!!!
Jan 10, 2014
Love this salad.