Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping and pretzels, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 295 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2018
This recipe is great except it does not fit a 9 x, 13 x 2 inch pan. When I poured the gelatin mixture on top,, I had the jello mixture on the floor. Was not happy to be washing a sticky mess off my kitchen floor at 5:30 AM. Does anyone know of a source for a 4, 13,9 in pan.
Oct 8, 2018
I used only half the sugar in the filling and it was absolutely delicious! Cool the crust thoroughly, and eat within a day of making this.
Jun 24, 2018
My grandmother used to make this all the time - it’s so good! However, she used to have the strawberry’s in the middle, and the whipped cream mix on the top with (additional) crushed pretzel pieces on top of that. I’m so glad I found this.
Jun 14, 2018
This was the sweetest thing I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. I could have completely skipped the sugar and it would have been fine. Unless you’re using unsweetened whipped cream and Jello, I promise you it’s going to be WAY too sweet for you. The consistency was also nothing like the above photo. You HAVE to let the pretzel mixture cool COMPLETELY before adding the filling or the whipped cream just melts and there’s no texture. I would even recommend putting it in the fridge to get super cold before putting the filling on it. I had a headache after eating this because of the sugar, so, like i said before, skip the sugar!!!
Jun 3, 2018
I would give this minus stars if I could. Followed the directions exactly. The crust was mushy and the layers were just way way too sweet. No one at the table liked it at all. The only one who cared for it was the trash can which is where it ended up. What a waste.
Jun 2, 2018
The best! Had to make with gluten free pretzels and came out perfectly!
Jun 2, 2018
Why bother to see recipes if you can't print them? Do the publishers to follow the recipe on your phone while making it?
May 31, 2018
This is an EXCELLENT DESSERT had it on Memorial Day, it was hit. So easy to make; nice dessert for a potluck dish, you can’t go wrong.
May 29, 2018
My family loves this! I use raspberry jello and frozen sweetened raspberries
May 18, 2018
Excellent. My family loves this dessert. They beg for it