Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Optional: Additional whipped topping and pretzels
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours. Cut into squares; serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 295 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 28, 2019
I have a question...can you make this with any flavor gelatin and fruit? I was thinking about peach/peach or orange with mandarin oranges, or lime/pineapple. Thoughts??
Aug 10, 2019
My niece is allergic to strawberries so I make this with raspberries, it is DELICIOUS, and I have been asked for the recipe several times! :). Live this dessert, YUM!
Jul 21, 2019
My kids enjoyed this... it was OK to me... I think I would of liked it better with fresh strawberries and not frozen. Next time I’ll try with fresh. The flavor was good though
Jun 1, 2019
I love this can't wait to make it for my family
May 7, 2019
This is the best!!! rave reviews at Easter dinner
May 2, 2019
this is a really great recipe.
Apr 24, 2019
We LOVE this dessert and make it all of the time. It's fabulous and turns out great every time!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Feb 7, 2019
My family has enjoyed this for years. I recently lost my recipe and failed to remember proportions. Thanks for printing them again.
Jan 30, 2019
I have made this delicious recipe for years. It has always turned out wonderful, receives great reviews and many requests for the recipe! I prefer a coarser chop on the pretzels (rather than totally crushed and use 2 2/3 c because of this). Do let it cool completely. Cream the softened cream cheese and sugar we'll before folding in the whipped topping. This makes it easier to spread. Be sure to seal all of the edges to the side of the pan and the partially set jello/strawberry mix will not soak into the other layers. Yummy!
Jan 24, 2019
Always a favorite! I sometimes do raspberry as well.