Chicken Poppy Seed Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. +marinating Cook: 15 min.
Makes4 servings plus 1 cup leftover dressing
- 3 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine limeade concentrate and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- In a large serving bowl, toss spinach with strawberries, peas, onion, chicken and 1/2 cup dressing. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 479 calories, 35g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2016
Just finished this. It was good!
Nov 11, 2014
Took this recipe camping. I loved it because you can make the dressing up ahead of time and marinate the chicken in the ice chest as you travel up. This all means less work on your trip and more time for fun. We also served this buffet style with all the ingredients in separate bowls. This let even the picky family eaters enjoy the salad because they could build their own. And my non-salad eating father raved about it enough to request the recipe!
Aug 19, 2011
By far my favorite recipe from TOH! There was a lot of extra dressing which I will gladly use on any salad. The chicken came out great, I marinated over night since I have little time to prepare dinner in the evenings.
Jul 4, 2011
I used a citrus poppyseed dressing. I've found both Lime and strawberry poppyseed dressing, which are wonderful on this salad.
Jul 15, 2010
This came out delicious. I grilled the chicken and cut the dressing recipe in half and served at a BBQ and this was a hit!
Jun 9, 2010
Oboy, is this ever good!
Jun 6, 2010
FAB! Grilled the chicken instead of saut?ing, the chicken had wonderful flavor. The dressing was great! Makes a jar of dressing that can be used later on other salads. I served it in a large bowl and doubled the greens.