Coleslaw with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 6 large carrots, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 8 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and green onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 1, 2018
We thoroughly enjoyed this and it was quick and easy to make. Will make often during the summer as it has a refreshing taste that's different from the usual slaw salads.
May 24, 2018
I just made this coleslaw for a neighbor that came home from the hospital. It was quick and easy to make and had a wonderful color. I only used 4 green onions and added about 1 tablespoon of sugar as we like our coleslaw on the sweet side. I also loved the nice crunch and nutty flavor from the sunflower seeds. All in all ..... a GREAT recipe for those summer picnics..... or anytime you want a quick crunchy slaw. Five stars for sure....
May 3, 2016
This was a nice change from regular coleslaw. I did use the already shredded coleslaw bagged mix to save some time. Really enjoyed the recipe!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.