Coleslaw with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 6 large carrots, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 8 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and green onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 1, 2018
We thoroughly enjoyed this and it was quick and easy to make. Will make often during the summer as it has a refreshing taste that's different from the usual slaw salads.
May 24, 2018
I just made this coleslaw for a neighbor that came home from the hospital. It was quick and easy to make and had a wonderful color. I only used 4 green onions and added about 1 tablespoon of sugar as we like our coleslaw on the sweet side. I also loved the nice crunch and nutty flavor from the sunflower seeds. All in all ..... a GREAT recipe for those summer picnics..... or anytime you want a quick crunchy slaw. Five stars for sure....
May 3, 2016
This was a nice change from regular coleslaw. I did use the already shredded coleslaw bagged mix to save some time. Really enjoyed the recipe!!