Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1 cup dressing)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, mushrooms and bacon. Place vinegar, onion, sugar, salt and mustard in blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl; stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide salad among six plates; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups with about 2 tablespoons dressing: 280 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 28, 2019
Wonderful -- I added 4 hard boiled eggs, cut up.
Jul 9, 2017
This was really good. I also added red onions to the salad in addition to the dressing.
Dec 3, 2015
I made this salad for my family over Thanksgiving and it was a big hit! The dressing is simple yet has a lot of flavor and does not overpower the salad.
Jun 11, 2015
Aug 6, 2014
I started making all my own dressings years ago so I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Nothing beats homemade dressing. This is delicious .. and looks so pretty in a salad dressing bottle. Loved the salad too but I forgot the bacon. Oops ... next time. Yum! It was quick and easy.
Oct 26, 2013
This is a tasty dressing with a bit of kick from the vinegar and mustard. I loved that it was quick to make.
Oct 14, 2013
A very good salad! I added sliced red onions to the salad, besides what is in the dressing.
Sep 23, 2013
Made this for lunch with company. Excellent! I used microwave bacon...easy. I substituted romaine for the iceberg. I would make this again. I would also use the dressing on Cole slaw.
Sep 15, 2013
My husband loves this salad and I really like it a lot, too!
Sep 5, 2013
YUMMY!!! That is all that needs to be said.