Pumpkin Seed Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, toast seeds over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add sugar and seasonings. Continue to cook and stir until sugar melts, about 4 minutes. Spread mixture on waxed paper to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 136 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 25, 2011
This salad has become a family favorite!!I find it not only delicious, but very versatile . I add sliced red onions, and have varied the cheese (blue cheese or feta). I tried it with a mixture of spinach and field greens - delicious!!! A real winner.
Nov 9, 2010
Sorry, I was so excited about this salad that I forgot to rate it :(
Nov 9, 2010
I made this salad for a family gathering and it was amazing! Everyone loved it - even those who do not usually eat spinach. The dressing is delicious and definitely makes the salad. Only recommendation would be to toast seeds longer than 2 minutes - until they are golden. I can't wait to serve it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.