Pumpkin Seed Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, toast seeds over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add sugar and seasonings. Continue to cook and stir until sugar melts, about 4 minutes. Spread mixture on waxed paper to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 136 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2011
This salad has become a family favorite!!I find it not only delicious, but very versatile . I add sliced red onions, and have varied the cheese (blue cheese or feta). I tried it with a mixture of spinach and field greens - delicious!!! A real winner.
Nov 9, 2010
Sorry, I was so excited about this salad that I forgot to rate it :(
Nov 9, 2010
I made this salad for a family gathering and it was amazing! Everyone loved it - even those who do not usually eat spinach. The dressing is delicious and definitely makes the salad. Only recommendation would be to toast seeds longer than 2 minutes - until they are golden. I can't wait to serve it again!