Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing
All of my favorite salads are topped off with this homemade poppy seed dressing. I use this sweet concoction to drizzle over fruit salads with strawberries, grapes, oranges and bananas ... or over spinach and toasted pecans.—Deborah Amrine, Fort Myers, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Slowly whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 187 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 5, 2011
I have never made or had a poppy seed dressing before, but I wanted to try "Easy Tossed Salad" which calls for poppy seed dressing, to serve with "Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta" Both were excellent and I will make this dressing again!