Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 15, 2019
I had used a green pepper, and 1 sweet white onion, sliced. I didn't use 4 mild white onions since I didn't have them on hand. Everything else was kept as recipe directed! This is a delicious recipe!
Aug 9, 2019
Jul 20, 2019
I have never been able to make a coleslaw dressing that tasted good. So, my dressing was "Hidden Valley" but never again. We absolutely LOVED it. I used the "ready made slaw in the bag" which the dressing is the right amount for this. I used green onions for that's what I had. Fantastic and thanks for sharing your recipe.
Jul 9, 2019
So easy and good I used substitute sugar for less weight watchers points
Mar 19, 2012
Even my husband liked this one! Next time I will try half celery seed/half celery salt b/c the celery taste seemed strong.