I love to make this recipe during the fall and winter months when salad ingredients are less abundant. I also enjoy the ease of preparation when using my food processor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Slaw in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.