Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup honey teriyaki marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat poppy seed salad dressing
- Place marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Slice chicken. Divide the romaine, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, celery, peppers, raspberries and strawberries among six plates; top with chicken. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews. Drizzle with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 361 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 7g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Jul 13, 2011
This is a great salad. Makes a whole meal. I cut out the celery because not everyone in the house likes it, but it doesn't need it anyway. I used Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing. I will be making this salad for years to come. Although the ingredients seem odd together, your taste buds will thank you for giving this recipe a shot.
May 25, 2011
disappointed to see no recipe for the marinade or the dressing...just lettuce and a bunch of fruit.
Apr 29, 2011
I take my time cooking so it took me a while, but this was an excellent dish and everyone loved it.For dressing I used the poppy seed dressing from the festive tossed salad recipe on this site and it turned out great.
May 30, 2010
Absolutely amazing! One of the best salads I've had in my life!!! We used fresh pineapple and blackberries instead of raspberries. So healthy and refreshing. I'll make it over and over. Such a wonderful mix of ingredients.
Mar 12, 2010
Hi Lodi123,Please see the very last step... "Drizzle with salad dressing."Enjoy!
Mar 11, 2010
What a shame you didn't include the Poppy Seed Dressing listed in the title of the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.