Poppy Seed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, poppy seeds and dill. Stir in chicken and rice.
- Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 495 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2009
It was a little on the dry side, but was very tasty, so I'll definitely make it again. Next time I will add another can of cream of chicken soup, add some garlic powder, a little bit of milk and half the amount of the rice. I used about half the butter the recipe called for and mixed in a little bit of sharp chedder with the crackers for the topping. I also used rotisserie chicken. It really is a tasty dish. I love the dill!