Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, sour cream and pimientos.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 619 calories, 41g fat (19g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
May 19, 2016
This is so Delicious!!
Nov 8, 2014
I amped this up a little bit. I added onion and garlic to the mushrooms, omitted the pimentos, added some thyme and nutmeg to the mushrooms and onions when I was cooking them, after I added the chicken I put some white wine in to reduce it, and then added some dried chives. Had it with a baked potato and it was DELICIOUS!
Jul 17, 2013
Yes, this is an easy and quick meal. I did not use the pimentos or mushrooms, but I did add onions. I served this over rice.