Molded Vegetable Salad
I FOUND this recipe years ago in an old cookbook. By using different colored gelatins, it blends in well with special holiday dinners. Of course, I use lime for our St. Patrick's Day celebration. Whatever the holiday, this salad is a big hit and there's seldom any leftover. -Pauline Albert, Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup thinly shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin and salt if desired in boiling water. Add the cold water and vinegar. Chill until partially set. Fold in remaining ingredients. Pour into a 4-cup mold that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 38 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Molded Vegetable Salad in Reminisce March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.