Circus Peanut Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 44 circus peanut candies, divided
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut 32 candies into small pieces; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer. Stir until smooth. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in candy mixture and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares; top each square with a circus peanut.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 189 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2010
Instead of crushed pineapple I added a 16 oz. can of mandarin oranges.
Jul 1, 2009
I love the flavor of circus peanuts and this jello really highlighted them. It was really good and creamy with a mild circus peanut taste. I do think I would have liked it even more though without the pineapple. I didn't like the chunky pieces in the jello. It would have liked it to have been smooth all the way through. I will definitely make it again!