Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Green grapes and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes, oranges, pineapple and orange juice concentrate. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Just before serving, unmold onto a serving plate. Fill center with grapes and garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 107 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 21, 2018
My sister and I grew up in the 60's. We have been looking for an orange Jello mold with a cream layer and has mandarin oranges in it. I an very excited to see this recipe of the retro Jello recipes.
Nov 8, 2017
My mom made this but without the pineapple and water. Her recipe said to use a can of grapefruit and the juice plus maybe a little water to make the 1 cup. Very orangey and refreshing. Especially in summer.
Apr 7, 2015
This has such delicious orange flavor! We loved this and I will be making it often!
Oct 15, 2010
My family really enjoyed this salad, even the ones who say they don't usually like gelatin. It is very orangey!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.