Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Green grapes and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes, oranges, pineapple and orange juice concentrate. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Just before serving, unmold onto a serving plate. Fill center with grapes and garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 107 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 22, 2019
Tasty, vibrant orange flavor and color. This was a hit at our Easter dinner.
Jun 21, 2018
My sister and I grew up in the 60's. We have been looking for an orange Jello mold with a cream layer and has mandarin oranges in it. I an very excited to see this recipe of the retro Jello recipes.
Nov 8, 2017
My mom made this but without the pineapple and water. Her recipe said to use a can of grapefruit and the juice plus maybe a little water to make the 1 cup. Very orangey and refreshing. Especially in summer.
Apr 7, 2015
This has such delicious orange flavor! We loved this and I will be making it often!
Oct 15, 2010
My family really enjoyed this salad, even the ones who say they don't usually like gelatin. It is very orangey!