Four-Layer Chocolate Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until cold.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 450 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 19, 2017
I prepared this for a neighborhood group and had to make copies of the recipe for everyone - made it exactly as directed - easy to prepare and simply delicious - a huge hit
Aug 18, 2017
This is one of my husband's favorite desserts! It's easy and so yummy! I love the buttery crust!
Jul 19, 2017
This is one of our go to desserts. My favorite pudding combinations is to use one cheesecake pudding mix with 1 chocolate. Great combo.
Jul 18, 2017
We call this striped delight. My family loves this. My sister in law makes it for almost every big family gathering.
Jul 17, 2017
This is one of our favorite recipes. I especially like lemon flavored pudding mix, and my hubby likes butterscotch. It is easy, refreshing and is a crowd pleaser.
Jul 17, 2017
I too love this recipe! Both my family and church ladies make this a lot. I especially like to make it with lemon flavored pudding mix, and my hubby loves the butterscotch.
Jul 12, 2017
Love this recipe, it has been a family favorite for 50 years.