Chocolate Layered Angel Food Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 24 large marshmallows
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), chopped
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, candy bars and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 382 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2010
We have made this very easy dessert for numerous gatherings! Have given this recipe to many! Easy enough to make, children love to help with this recipe.
Aug 25, 2009
I thought the cake was good, but my filling was very runny. What did I do wrong?
Aug 9, 2009
Family loved it!!! Will make again.