Candy Cane Pie
When my college roommate first made this pie, I couldn't get enough! Using a store-bought crust helps save time when you're in the midst of the holidays. —Charlotte Stewart, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring. Cool 30 minutes, stirring several times. Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed candies; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining candy.
Originally published as Peppermint Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016