Candy Cane Pie
When my college roommate first made this pie, I couldn't get enough! Using a store-bought crust helps save time when you're in the midst of the holidays. —Charlotte Stewart, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring. Cool 30 minutes, stirring several times. Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed candies; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining candy.
Originally published as Peppermint Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.