Coconut Macaroon Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, melted butter, extract and salt until blended. Stir in flour. Reserve 1/2 cup coconut; stir remaining coconut into egg mixture. Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 490 calories, 29g fat (20g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 12, 2017
Easy and tastes like the inside of a Mounds bar. I subbed vanilla for the almond due to allergies. Mine took a bit more than 50 minutes, used a Pyrex glass pie plate. Great drizzled with a little dark chocolate.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.