Coconut Macaroon Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, melted butter, extract and salt until blended. Stir in flour. Reserve 1/2 cup coconut; stir remaining coconut into egg mixture. Transfer to pie crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown and filling is set, 35-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 490 calories, 29g fat (20g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 29, 2018
no blind bake ???? thanks
Dec 29, 2018
Carrie -- last ingredient ... 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
Oct 28, 2018
I don't see coconut in the ingredients
Oct 18, 2018
Can you use any kind of eggs?
Mar 12, 2017
Easy and tastes like the inside of a Mounds bar. I subbed vanilla for the almond due to allergies. Mine took a bit more than 50 minutes, used a Pyrex glass pie plate. Great drizzled with a little dark chocolate.