Sticky Chicken Wings
You'll want to keep an extra stack of napkins nearby once people start reaching for these sweet and sticky wings. The brown sugar marinade makes every bite finger-lickin' good! —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen pieces
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, butter, Creole seasoning and mustard; add chicken and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until chicken juices run clear, 45-50 minutes.
- Transfer the wings to a rack on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until crisp, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 65 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sticky Chicken Wings in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.