Sticky Chicken Wings
You'll want to keep an extra stack of napkins nearby once people start reaching for these sweet and savory chicken wings. The brown sugar marinade makes every bite finger-lickin' good! —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, butter, Creole seasoning and mustard; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer the wings to a rack on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Originally published as Sticky Chicken Wings in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.