Quentin’s Peach-Bourbon Wings
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place preserves, brown sugar, garlic and salt in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan. Add vinegar and bourbon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for serving.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place remaining wing pieces in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes and brushing with remaining sauce. Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing with about 1 teaspoon sauce: 165 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
Good, not great. Needs a little more spice.
Sep 3, 2017
Very good and very easy. Less time in the oven and broiling isn't necessary. You do need to spray the foil before putting on the wings.
Feb 8, 2016
Nice flavor. Definitely needed the reserved sauce. I would probably add a little extra spice next time.
Jan 25, 2016
These were fantastic! I added a lot of coarsely fresh ground pepper while basting with the delicious sauce, and I think that was a great addition. I will definitely make these again.
Jan 24, 2016
These were pretty good. We would have liked a little more spice to them. If I make them again I will add something more to them. They were easy to make and did not take a lot to do them.
Jan 24, 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.