Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, seasoning blend and Worcestershire sauce. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken; spoon some of the mustard mixture under the skin.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side up over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-30 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with remaining mustard mixture.
- Cover chicken and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2012
I bake this in the oven, but it always gets raves. It comes out very moist with lots of flavor. I've passed it on to friends who have also used the sauce on pork chops and say it's just as good on them.