Zesty Corn and Beans
When you're in the mood for Mexican food, reach for this recipe. The tomato, corn and bean mixture can also be refrigerated and eaten as a relish without the rice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun or Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, corn, beans, oregano and chili powder. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Corn and Beans in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.