Zesty Corn and Beans
When you're in the mood for Mexican food, reach for this recipe. The tomato, corn and bean mixture can also be refrigerated and eaten as a relish without the rice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun or Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, corn, beans, oregano and chili powder. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Corn and Beans in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar