Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes
We grow a lot of broccoli in our garden, so I've experimented with different ways to prepare it. It tastes very good and is good for you.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the artichokes and saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; saute 3 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 68 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes in Country February/March 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.