Zesty Mixed Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a nonstick skillet, bring carrot and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salad dressing and oregano. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 41 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
Mar 14, 2015
Everyone in my family liked these veggies!! I'll be making them again because they are easy and the Italian dressing adds good flavor!
Oct 28, 2011
Ick! Looks better on paper than it tastes.
Jan 9, 2011
I found the veggies kind of bland.I cooked all my veggies then i tossed them with a light italian dressing.If you roast the veggies I tossed with dressing and then roasted them very good hot or cold. even kids like this dish
Oct 20, 2010
I have made this recipe several times although I use regular Italian salad dressing because that is what I have on hand. This is easy and a good mix of vegetables.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.