"This comforting skillet side dish has been a huge hit with my family from the first time I served it," relates Anna Mary Beiler of Strasburg, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic in margarine until tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes or until broth has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 79 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Mixed Vegetables in Taste of Home October/November 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.