Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole
Combine extra turkey and stuffing into a comforting casserole topped with creamy mashed potatoes. Then watch your family dig right in! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Spread stuffing into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a large bowl, combine turkey, soup, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons sour cream; spoon over stuffing.
- Drain potatoes; mash in a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake according to directions.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 723 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1661mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Tonight in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013