Bacon Squash Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2016
Always love making squash this way.
Feb 12, 2014
Good side dish that I served with the Glazed Apricot Cornish Hens in the same issue. I strongly suggest making only what can be eaten at one time as the leftovers did not hold up well and became so mushy they were not edible.
Jul 26, 2011
Wonderful recipe!!! I made it as a meal. The changes I made were I added a few baby bella mushrooms when I sauteed, served it over rice, and topped it with a few cut tomatoes, added a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Origianl Blend, a small handfull of crumb feta cheese, and a few dashes of soy sauce. We started off this meal with the Summer Garden Salad found on this site.
Aug 15, 2010
add fresh tomatoes...a few red pepper flakes and soy sauce and serve over rice as a main dish...one of our summer favorites!
Aug 4, 2010
I loved this recipe. Very easy and quick to make. A great way to use summer produce up.
Jul 6, 2010
I used all yellow squash, just because that's what we had home. Regardless, a yummy side dish that's easy to make!~ Theresa