Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cooked bacon strips, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion, crumbling beef, over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in half of the bacon; add gnocchi, water, cream and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with tomatoes, green onions and remaining bacon.
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 573 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2018
I love skillet dinners because they are so quick and easy. This one was hearty and satisfying. We used fully-cooked bacon to save time. This dish can be varied a bit by using different varieties of gnocchi.
May 3, 2018
This dish was a huge hit with my girlfriend and myself. I used turkey bacon instead of normal in order to make it a bit healthier. It turned out amazing. When I reheat leftovers tomorrow I'm going to add pickles.
Oct 1, 2017
Love this! Super delish! We used cheese stuffed gnocchi and I forgot the ketchup but it was amazing! Two thumbs up.
Aug 3, 2017
Super easy! Wonderfully delicious! We will have this dish again!
Feb 9, 2017
Definitely a keeper! I admit I had my doubts as I put all of the different ingredients together, but what a surprise. Yes! It's like bacon cheeseburgers. I ate mine with a pickle in it.
Dec 11, 2016
Great quick dinner. The skillet reminded me of a taco casserole but without the taco seasoning or a hamburger casserole.
Oct 23, 2016
This is a perfect weeknight dinner. All three of my children wolfed it down, and my husband and I both really liked the creamy sauce and the tomatoes on top.
Sep 12, 2016
This was delicious everyone loved it!