Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cooked bacon strips, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion, crumbling beef, over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in half of the bacon; add gnocchi, water, cream and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with tomatoes, green onions and remaining bacon.
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 573 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Dec 19, 2018
I love skillet dinners because they are so quick and easy. This one was hearty and satisfying. We used fully-cooked bacon to save time. This dish can be varied a bit by using different varieties of gnocchi.
May 3, 2018
This dish was a huge hit with my girlfriend and myself. I used turkey bacon instead of normal in order to make it a bit healthier. It turned out amazing. When I reheat leftovers tomorrow I'm going to add pickles.
Oct 1, 2017
Love this! Super delish! We used cheese stuffed gnocchi and I forgot the ketchup but it was amazing! Two thumbs up.
Aug 3, 2017
Super easy! Wonderfully delicious! We will have this dish again!
Feb 9, 2017
Definitely a keeper! I admit I had my doubts as I put all of the different ingredients together, but what a surprise. Yes! It's like bacon cheeseburgers. I ate mine with a pickle in it.
Dec 11, 2016
Great quick dinner. The skillet reminded me of a taco casserole but without the taco seasoning or a hamburger casserole.
Oct 23, 2016
This is a perfect weeknight dinner. All three of my children wolfed it down, and my husband and I both really liked the creamy sauce and the tomatoes on top.
Sep 12, 2016
This was delicious everyone loved it!