Meat Lover’s Pizza Rice Skillet
Total TimeTakes: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) sliced mini pepperoni
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Return to skillet with next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; stir in cheese. Top with pepperoni and, if desired, additional Parmesan cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 390 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 25, 2018
My changes were using 4-oz. sliced turkey pepperoni and 1 lb. Italian link sausages with casings removed! This dish is a real winner!
Jul 30, 2018
Loved it. I will definitely make this again.
Jul 27, 2018
We had this for dinner tonight and it was a hit. I followed the recipe but used two bowls of Minute brown rice instead of the uncooked Minute rice. It was very tasty and we will be having this again. Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 19, 2018
Delicious and fast to make! The only change I made was using fire roasted tomatoes, because I already had those on hand. So good!
Jul 15, 2018
SO easy to make! Great taste and very filling! My kids LOVED it!
Jul 15, 2018
My daughter's kids were having an impromptu party and she called me for help..."Mom, I need a recipe that I can whip up quickly, that kids will love... any ideas?" I emailed her this recipe and she answered right back.. "Perfect !" Two hours later, she wrote me again and told me that the kids devoured this dish, and they will definitely make it again. So, based on Kid's Rating 101, this is a five star meal.
Jul 13, 2018
This is one of my favorite all time recipes - love this and how easy with no cooking the rice - and it is actually pretty healthy too. My family loved it - we will be having this often.