Hamburger Rice Skillet
Suzanne Dolata from Ripon, Wisconsin uses onion soup mix to mildy flavor this kid-pleasing blend of ground beef, instant rice and fresh vegetables. "It's good as a main meal or a side dish," she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, carrots, celery and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil. Add rice; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
Originally published as Hamburger Rice Skillet in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips