Pork Cabbage Saute
In Peekskill, New York, Rosemary Gisin mildly seasons pork slices and cabbage strips to create this main dish. "I like to make this one-pan meal because it's fast and easy," she explains.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the pork in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; remove the keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the cabbage, onion, garlic and bay leaves in butter until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in pork, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pork Cabbage Saute in Quick Cooking January/February 2005