Creamy Cabbage-Pork Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound pork stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil on all sides; drain. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir in the cabbage, soup, apple juice, potatoes, carrots, caraway and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender. Stir in milk; heat through.
Apr 14, 2016
Loved it! Made a pound of pork go much farther. Good flavors. Thanksforgot my stars
Oct 13, 2014
I really liked this dish. Who would of thought apple juice would be good in a soup. But it is.
Oct 15, 2010
My whole family LOVED LOVED LOVED this recipe. Even my dad, who is a hard-to-please eater. Definitely a keeper :)
Mar 20, 2010
I made this for St. Patrick's Day, the whole family loved it. The ingredient amounts listed would never feed 6 adults. I used my 5 qt. crockpot and used 1 3/4 lbs. pork, plus more potatoes, carrots & cabbage. I did not increase the soup, apple juice or milk and there was plenty of sauce. We do not like caraway so I substituted a tsp. or so of thyme.
Mar 1, 2009
My husband gave this 2 happy faces = 5*'s. Very easy and quick to put together in the crockpot. I thought it would be a very good dish for St. Patrick's Day instead of the traditional corned beef and cabbage.