Saucy Pork Chop Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Remove pork to a serving plate; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix flour and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork; serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2/3 cup cooked rice and 1/3 cup sauce: 436 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2017
Sep 21, 2016
Very good, fast and easy
Jun 23, 2016
This was a good meal. I am always looking for different things to make for dinner. Flavors were a little different.
May 24, 2016
We didn't really like this recipe. My pork was tough.
Dec 17, 2015
this was a pleasant surprise!! The sauce was delicious and had a nice kick. I served with carrots, salad and instead of white rice, which we don't care for, I served with a chicken flavored rice. Will be making this again for sure!!!
Dec 3, 2015
I did not particularly care for the blend of flavors in this dish. But since my husband liked it pretty well, I averaged our reviews to a 3.
Feb 23, 2015
Very tasty! The sauce was awesome and my husband loved the dish. I usually dread pork chops because they always turn out dry when I cook them, but this recipe made them moist and delicious.
Aug 23, 2014
Great for a week night! I used boxed four cheese rice, which tasted yummy with it, along with fresh steamed broccoli. I did salt and pepper the chops....definitely needed it. But this is an outstanding recipe!
Jun 3, 2014
I would make this again as an alternative to my usual pork chops.
Dec 10, 2013
I made this last night. It was good. I served it with mashed potatoes. The sauce was nice and the pork chops were tender and juicy. Simple and quick.