- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and squash to the cornbread. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to cornbread and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
3/4 cup: 311 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.