Two-Season Squash Medley
Both winter and summer squash star in this fun, colorful vegetable stir-fry. I've cooked in several restaurants and for many guests in my home, and this dish has been well-received for years. —Mary Beth LaFlamme, Eagle Bridge, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add vegetables, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir until tender, about 15 minutes. Add garlic salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Two-Season Squash Medley in Taste of Home August/September 1997
Jan 23, 2018
Easy and delicious.
Jun 25, 2017
Talk about a fresh taste!! The squash in this recipe comes together nicely!
Oct 16, 2009
This is an excellent recipe which always draws compliments. I make this every year at Thanksgiving.