Grilled Veggies with Caper Butter
We like the tart, peppery taste of capers. No one likes a bland veggie, and caper butter helps peppers, squash and zucchini shine. —Danyelle Crum, Indian Trail, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium crookneck or yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet yellow or orange pepper, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 green onions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and capers; cook 2 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill zucchini, squash and peppers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Grill mushrooms and onions, covered, 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
- Cut vegetables as desired; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 117 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Veggies with Lemon Caper Butter in Taste of Home June/July 2016